So, by now many IT companies recognized that they work not only for themselves, but also for public, for their competitors and for potential employees. As a result it become very common to have a blog describing how things done in exact this company, how problems get solved and what technologies engineers use. Interesting part on it is about guys who write to such blogs – this vary from raw engineers or developers to senior engineers, who lead working groups.
Of course, doing blogging is not solution from all ills, as a team who blogs about current tasks should be smart enough and it is not “yet another just 5 minutes blogpost”.
Here I collected some engineering blogs from some big companies who have such blogs. Definitely some of them you are already know, depending on what technologies you are interested.
If you have any additions, feel free to contact me, I’ll happily add them to this list.
- Airbnb Engineering | Nerds
- Facebook Code - Engineering Blog
- Eventbrite - Engineering Blog | Welcome to Eventbrite's Engineering Blog
- Foursquare Engineering Blog
- The GitHub Blog: Engineering
- Groupon Engineering Blog
- Instagram Engineering
- LinkedIn Engineering
- Netflix - The Netflix Tech Blog
- PayPal Engineering Blog | Engineering
- Pinterest - Making Pinterest
- Salesforce - Engineering - A blog from the Platform Engineering team.
- Spotify Labs | Think it. Build it. Ship it. Tweak it. Blog it.
- Tumblr Engineering
- Twitter -Engineering | Twitter Blogs
- Yahoo Engineering
- Yelp Product & Engineering Blog